Dr Kate Morlet-Brown
I find it deeply satisfying to enable patients to not only function well with respect to their chewing and speech, but also maximise their facial aesthetics and consequently improve their self-esteem.
I am fascinated with facial structure and form, have a great interest in facial disproportion and also the ageing face. I follow and practice the latest advances in aesthetics and applaud the fact that such treatments are becoming far more accepted.
I am married and have 3 teenage children. I love cooking and entertaining, but also being at Rottnest Island off the coast of Perth where I can swim and admire the wildlife and nature. I support Telethon and the RFDS as I have a passion for the outback, a legacy of my father who was a flying doctor in the northwest in the 1960’s
Registered specialist oral and maxillofacial surgeon, a surgical speciality that bridges both dentistry and medicine and is solely concentrated on the face, jaws and mouth.
- Practicing since 1992
- Completed over 18 years of training with undergraduate degree in both dentistry and medicine
- Practiced as a general dentist in community based hospitals in Perth and Thursday Island far north QLD
- Lived worked and studied in the UK for over 5 yrs, based mainly at the prestigious St Richards’s hospital in Chichester but also Queen Alexandra Portsmouth, St Thomas’ London, St Georges London
- Obtained full post graduate fellowship in dentistry at the royal college of surgeons in London
- Preclinical medical degree obtained at University of London at the Royal Free Hospital
- Returned to Perth to complete medical degree at University of WA
- Orthopaedic, general surgery and geriatric medical terms completed in Victoria prior to commencing Higher surgical training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Undertook Postgraduate Masters degree at university of Melbourne
- Obtained Specialist qualification and full fellowship in OMS with the RACDS
- Returned to Perth for fellowship in trauma and orthognathic surgery
- Private practice since 2003 AHPRA registered as both medical and dental specialist, OMS
- Accreditation committee ANZAOMS for over 5 yrs
- Multiple teaching and lecturing duties, locally, nationally and internationally each year since 2008
- Works collaboratively with dentists, doctors, specialist prosthodontists, orthodontists, endodontists and plastic and reconstructive surgeons.
- Sees full spectrum of OMS
- Simple and complex implantology
- Reconstructive and regenerative procedures
- Facial form and corrective jaw surgery
- Non-surgical cosmetic procedures
Smarter with numbers than Isaac Newton
I've danced like there's nobody watching, Loved like I would never be hurt, Sung like there's nobody listening, but its more fun when you have an audience!
The Dentist on “L” Plates
Performs better in Theatre than Hugh Jackman
Can type - AND TALK 100+ Words PM
De-Wrinkles more effectively than Fabulon